Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So Beary Frustrated!!!


Okay, this was supposed to be a quick layout, whilst I ponder how I want to do DS's China layout from Epcot. It has been rather frustrating, instead!

See, I have this portrait taken of DD when she was one with lots of bears (it was a background at the portrait studio), and I just got my Build An Animal die that can be made into a bear, so off I went.

No offense, but that BAA bear looks nothing bear-like in my hands. It looks more squirrel-like. Why squirrel? I dunno, but it reminds me of a squirrel. Of course, I decided this AFTER I glued it down. Then I put a Norbert down, further squirrelifying the other bear. It occurred to me that it was the eyes, so I got out my trusty animal-eye-maker (the QK Willow Buds) and proceeded to get rid of the round eyes that came with the die. Now I am torn: is is a tail-less squirrel or tail-less mouse?

(And on a side note, I really hope I can work with this die. I am going to have to try making several of the animals :duck, panda, cat, etc - and the mouse. Wonder if I mean to make a mouse, will it turn out to look like a bear? I love the idea of this die, but right now the reality of it bites.)

Determined to save this layout, I proceeded to cut out two bears from a design I purchased online. Mistakenly, I used a marker on the face crease of one of them. Looks really bad. REALLY, REALLY BAD. I have been using white paint to go over it so that it disappears enough to be able to put some tan on and cover my mistake.

The other bear I painted straight away - and I left his crease alone! He turned out the best of all, except for his eyes....

You know, I really need to think things out next time, so I don't end up so BEARY frustrated!

No comments: