Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pens on Silhouette Rock!!!

Ohmigosh!!!

I cannot believe how versatile the Silhouette is! I have used it for creating my own designs, but there was something I hadn't yet tried: the pens. I knew it could be done, but I lacked the bravery to try them.

Christmas' approach gave me an urgency which overwhelmed my fear. Throwing caution to the wind, I chose to start my pen attempt with the calendar from Sil. How bad could straight lines be? I started with black, worried what would happen....

Perfection!!! The calendar page was gorgeous, nary a flaw. So I made another, then another. Mightily impressed, I changed inks. The green and red were beautiful, as were the purple and navy. Pink, however, well let's just say I wouldn't be the Scrapklutz if I had perfect luck. My pink pen leaked. On the calendar page. On my cutting pad. On the left-hand roller of my Sil. Of course, I had no idea of the magnitude of the disaster until I went to load a second page and got ink on it. Two sheets later and I gave it up. I thoroughly cleaned the pen and put it away.

Then I tried to draw shapes for the background of the Feb page. I used Red, Purple and Pink - which thankfully didn't leak. Unfortunately, the page didn't turn out how I had hoped. It needs solids, not outlines. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

No comments: