Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Monday, February 15, 2010

Frank to the Rescue!!!

Today I was the most frustrated I have been in a long time! My Sil would not cut AT ALL. I tried several times on several pieces of paper y NADA. I felt really bad because I was trying to help Sandy's DD with her Destination Imagination project.

After awhile, Sandy & I noticed that we couldn't see the blade. I was sure I had the cap on wrong. I even wrote SilMac to see what could have happened. Then I saw the picture of a blade on the Sil site and the difference was immediately apparent: the good blade has an angle, mine has a sort of round, jagged end. OOPS!

I posted on SRWMB for Guru Frank's help. He knew exactly what I had done - when I changed the blade, I had lost a little white piece, which I thought was unimportant. I was so very wrong. It is a very necessary piece, a spacer.

Frank told me to contact Sil for a new housing piece. I will do that tomorrow. Until everything arrives (I had to order a new blade online), I can only draw with my Sil.

Bummer. Major Bummer.

Maybe David should change it next time.....

No comments: