Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Sil Blade Works!

I am so happy that the blade arrived and that it works! Turns out that I did NOT need a new housing - at least not for this blade. QKMary was right: not all blades are equal. Of course, this is the balde that I ordered, not the one promised to me by Brian from SilMac.

To try the blade,I cut out tags for a friend's daughter's MA bag and they were perfect (and crossing my fingers while biting my nails might have helped.) Well, at least until my small laminator ruined the best one by having a crease run right down the middle length-wise. Actually, it was more like a long, thin air bubble. Must have fed it wrong.

I cannot win.

Since I have had time to think, a new idea occurred to me: using my Copic Sketch Markers in the Sil instead of the pen. I tried one for size and with a bit of padding, it might just work....

I am ever the optimist!

No comments: