Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Monday, March 7, 2011

Challenging Myself to the Funny Farm

It was irresistible: Kendra challenged us to make something once a week so that at the end of 2011, we have a book or something with 52 items. It would force us to think, to use our supplies, to do what we love. She suggested tags.

I, of course, HAD to go a step further. No tags for me, no I had to decide to finally start using our copious amounts of studio portraits; and since there are more than one copy of most of each photo, I just had to decide to make multiple layouts. It would challenge my brain and in the process, use up some of my stash of paper. (Question: what is bigger than a stash of paper? My friends who have seen it in person refer to it as my store, but that can't be right, can it?)

Oh, my brain is challenged all right: challenged to stay sane. I am getting grandiose ideas and then attempting to make them come to life. It is not a good idea to be around if my brain and my layout do not match. I know nasty words in two languages. My last layout tortured me for a week, before I gave up and did something else, which is creative, but now what I wanted. Luckily, the one on my desk now, perhaps mindful of the previous one's fate thanks to the now-useless embellishments, is behaving itself and may just be finished in a couple of days.

That is, of course, if I can get the Sil to work with my new Mac, but that is another post. Another Scrapklutz post. Seems my 'abilities' extend to the digital world now...

1 comment:

TristanzNina said...

Debi, I enjoy reading yor blog