Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Monday, November 24, 2008

Scrap Paper Organization (At Last!!!)

I am a big believer that you should keep your scraps when you are a scrapbooker. Not sure if it is my upbringing, my nature or that the first show I watched on scrapbooking (DIY's Scrapbooking with Sandy Genovese) kept pounding in the uses for the left-over pieces - I have accumulated a ton. I am on my second rather large box where I toss them when done with my layouts. I then dumpster dive when I need a small piece for something. Actually, it is sofa-diving because I need to lean over the edge of the love seat to get at the box where it it wedged.

That is not a safe thing to do when you are as klutzy as I am!

I had to get a better system. A safer system.

I thought about it. I went to some stores. Saw lots of boxes.

Then I bought 1-gallon plastic bags.

I pulled the box out of its corner (of course losing my balance in the process!) and dumped the contents on the floor. I then started separating the pieces by colors. There were alot!

Then DH came home. The look on his face - well it was not quite priceless.

Surprise and quasi- horror would be better adjectives. (Guess I shouldn't mention purchasing more paper for awhile!)

It took me a few days, but now I have all but the biggest pieces cut and bagged.

It feels good!

Now I really have no reason not to start the Christmas Cards........

No comments: