Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A New Camera and New Projects Mojo!!!

Well, we found a new camera! It's a Canon PowerShot A6501s. It shoots 12 megapixels, but only 4x zoom. Our old camera was 6 mgp and 12x zoom. Hopefully the increased details will overcome the lack of zoom. Today I tried it and it seems to take close-ups of flowers pretty well. I need to practice so that I am totally comfortable with it when we go to Disney in 62 days.

We will be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, where there are animals on site, so we are going to have TONS of photo opportunities. I know we will not be able to see the animals from our room (couldn't see paying for the view), but there are lots of viewing areas. BTW, the reason we are staying at AKL is due to the Buy 4 Nights, Get 3 Free Promotion. For $15 more than Port Orleans, we got a major upgrade. All of us are really psyched!

Of course, I still have not scrapped the photos from our 2005 or 2006 visits, so maybe, just maybe I should get working on those. Something tells me that soon I will have ambition for that. :) DH is hoping that MAJOR mojo overtakes me. :)

In fact, I just got a major brain storm! Unfortunately, the needed paint smells so bad that DH asked me to leave the project outside to dry. I hope that it turns out as well as I can see it in my mind. Next time I am going to use Tim Holtz, but I was in a hurry and couldn't get to SRW. With any luck, I get to go next week: there is a release in the air and a holly border die waiting for me!

No comments: