Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Tree & An Owl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so EXCITED!!!

Finally QK has developed a tree die that is big enough for my needs. It is 12 inches long and has lots of branches. I am finally going to be able to work on my Animal Kingdom layouts since I really needed a big tree for the Tree of Life photos ( I have lots of them.) A giant bamboo would be a fantastic addition, but this tree is perfect and it is MINE.

I am putting the finishing touches on a Disney layout with the tree. It is for Snow White's Scary Adventures. I cut out the trees in black and put them on a turquoise background and the photo mats and title are also in black. The journaling is on velum with a blue-inked stamp and black writing. I just need to cut out some small apples and maybe an owl.

Oh, those owls!!!!!!! I have so many uses for those owls. They are perfect!!! The 2x2 owl is probably going to need to have a back-up at some point because I am afraid that I am going to wear him out. It is the perfect size and like the tree, extremely versatile. Family photos and birthday cards are just the beginning........

No comments: