Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Color Select Studio ROCKS!!!





I LOVE Color Select Studio!!!! It's a program that I picked up at GASC and haven't really had a chance to play with. Well, today I finished titling all the photos from DS's BD party and decided to play around.

The absolutely best thing about CSS is that it automatically turns the photo B&W for you. No playing with hues, it imports the photo as B&W. (You can import it in color and then turn sections B&W - but I like the reveal better.) Then you choose your brush size and paint over what you want returned to its original color. In a matter of minutes, you have a masterpiece. Okay, well, the above photo is of a reptile - not the first choice for most people- but I think it turned out great. Makes the lizard pop! (Photo was from the party and what was at the top of my mind when I started to play.) The ones of the albino python are awesome, but probably too freaky for this blog.

DH thought this was a bit of a frivolous purchase because Adobe Photoshop does the same things. Yeah, after a few steps. You have to have layers and opacity and then remember to save it correctly. CSS is much quicker - except that you can only save in ttf or ttif. Our photos are all jpeg. Luckily, it only took me a few minutes to figure out how to put them in jpeg. Best part, I didn't have to call DH. I love being married to a computer guru, but sometimes I really need to figure out stuff on my own. And the kicker? CSS cost me $15 and so easy that DD & DS can use it.

There are all sorts of uses for this program. The photos I did today were to highlight some of the best reptile photos for the gentleman who brought the reptile show over as a thank you. DD did the Hidden Mickey Hunt at WDW and this will be a fantastic way to highlight the photos; leave all but the actual figure in B&W. I am anxious to try this with some Martial Arts photos and see how they turn out.

Oh, this is going to be so much FUN!!!

No comments: