Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Thursday, July 23, 2009

DT Ambivalence

Last year at this time I was nervously working on my submissions to for the Remember When Design Team tryout. I was so excited - and then thrilled and totally shocked when I was chosen. I had a lot of fun and was rather sad when I was not chosen for the next team. I know that those who were chosen truly deserved it and have showcased the newest QK dies in spectacular fashion, but my pride was a tad dented.

Now it is time again and I am feeling rather ambivalent about the whole thing. I still love QK, but I have been playing around with the SIL so much lately that I have not been using my dies at all. A big part of that has to do with the fact that I have been working on Martial Arts pages that require embellishments that QK doesn't carry.

Another part is that I truly feel that the DT needs to showcase the best of the best - and that is not me. I am an average scrapper, not showcase material at all. It was wonderful to be chosen, but my projects always paled next to the much more polished items of the other members. I had trouble incorporating the items that were sent to us from the TBC and I still feel guilty about that.

So, part of me feels like I should at least attempt my items, but I just don't know. I need to think about it. A lot. But not too much, the items are to be posted next week.

No comments: