Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stamping Convention in Grapevine

Sandy and I decided that it would be a good idea to attend this convention this past week when I discovered Judykins would be there. We both LOVE Judykins stuff, especially the Mica Gloss, but neither of us really remembered how to use it. Luckily, their booth and ongoing demos were right where you entered the hall.

First thing: the gloss needs to be heat set or you will be waiting a long time or making a huge mess. Yeah, the latter sounds like me! Also, it takes several small drops of different colors to get those gorgeous results. Must remember that clear embossing powder works well with the gloss.

Then we moved onto stencils. I found four I really liked, unfortunately, one of those belonged to someone else - and she got the last one. Bummer. Then, I ran into Frank Vento! He was surprised to see me. I guess that is to be understood since I really love my QK and Sil. I just really suck at stamping. I need to get better because I really would love to broaden my horizons. I do my best with Tattered Angels and Texana Stamps, but there are so many out there I want to try!

Frank and I commiserated about the plethora of flowers on the Sil. I swear there is a new dozen or two every week, usually more. Frank says that Sil claims that flowers are their best sellers, but if they offered more stuff, they might sell more of the others. Makes sense to me. Forgot to tell him that the Mormon Temples must sell well, too!

I found great stamps at AfterMidnight Stamps, which is where I spent most of my money. I found Egyptian stamps for Ariana,as well as a longhorn stamp, postage stamp stamps from Ecuador, Chile and Peru, and a really cool stamp of the coast of China. Now I really have NO EXCUSE for not working on Alex's Indiana Jones scrapbook.

It was a lot of fun and very quick, we were done in about 2.5 hours, but left full of ideas and some great items. Now I need to put some mojo to work!

No comments: