Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Thursday, December 18, 2008

2009 Calendar






I feel like I just pulled off a marathon! And it is all due to my procrastination.

Last year I purchased a blank 12x12 calendar with every intention of spreading out the work over several months so that I could send it to my mom in early December 2008.

I pulled it out to work on in sometime in November 2008.

Twelve 12x12 pages to decorate, plus other things on my to-do list.

Then I decided I was going to used dies to cut out the numbers. That - no doubt- was a crazy idea given my time constraints.

A few months stumped me: May and June and November. Most months were scenes with spots for the photos. For May I chose patterned paper and squares to put some flower die cuts on. For June I decided I just had to use my exclusive pirate ship from QK. Worked well with the dock I was assigned from Sherri.

My friend Sandy wanted to know why I had Columbus' ship for June. Hope it was the cold medicine she was taking! I then added an orca. Not sure how Mom will take that month.

For November, I had the brilliant idea of setting up a whole Pilgrim feast. You know Pilgrims, Native Americans, a long table, lots of food, houses, trees, etc.

Then reality in the form of a 2008 calendar hit me like a cold shower. So I put on the basic Thanksgiving Day elements and went on to create the December page and the cover. I think using the exclusive Holly border in pink was definitely different!

No comments: