Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Monday, December 29, 2008

I am now the proud owner of a Quickutz Silhouette. It is the electronic cutter that I have been on the fence about for nearly two years.

Why did I get it? Well, at first, I was not interested at all. With my history, I was sure that it would only be a matter of time before I broke it. See, the Sil needs a computer and our main computer is downstairs, whereas my scrapping area is upstairs. I know that running up and downstairs would be GREAT exercise, I wouldn't get much scrapping done and that if I moved it, it could fall and break. Then there are the blades. Blades are sharp. They can hurt you. I hate getting cut by my tools.

That then was my argument: too much potential danger involved. Case closed.

Then I began seeing all the wonderful creations made by my SRWMB friends. Envy struck hard. Jason made knights using the Sil.

I could really use knights.

The doubts crept in. DH, a major techie, told me that I could have an electronic cutter, but to make sure I knew which one I wanted. The prices are what freaked him out. I would really have to use it. The Cricut was also interesting since it didn't need a computer, and it cost about the same as a Sil, but it requires $90 cartridges - and really how much Disney scrapping am I going to do?

So, I pushed the thoughts of an eletronic cutter out of my mind. Almost $400 for something I am not sure I am going to use is too much.

Then Sherri had Sils for $140 for Thanksgiving. Frank, a absolute genius, is also giving classes. I almost caved, but I had just received the new camera.

Then QK released a cottage for the Sil. A cottage!!! Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and cards all came to mind. I pouted.

The sale returned. I tried to ignore it.

DH, the kids and I went up to pick up my friend's BD gift and for the kids to learn to snow dance. DH saw the Sil boxes. He asked how much. $140. He said "You have money from your mom." I said "Where would I put it? I'd have to clean my desk!"

We went back and forth. I decided to go for it.

So we brought the Sil home. I opened it on Xmas Eve. I had FUN!!!

To be continued......

No comments: