Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Friday, June 5, 2009

Crafted Out?

I am so EXHAUSTED!!! It has been two crazy weeks! I have about crafted myself into a coma. Let's see:

Last week DS handed me the famous scrapbooking letter. That's the one where we were given an 8x8 refill page and asked to do a scrapbook page. I upset the two moms in charge by insisting on making a real scrapbook page. Hey, at least our page will last! We had to turn that in by last Friday.

That same day I went crazy trying to prepare one-and-a-half uniforms for Saturday's Belt Test. Got them done, stripes and patches just in time to go see "Night at the Museum 2: Battle for the Smithsonian." Saturday was the belt test. I am the photographer and videographer (since no one else seems to want to.) DH, DD & DS all tested (brown and 2 pre-blacks), so now I have 3 more layouts to add to my stack of projects. The older two have to do their own journaling, though.

Sunday I worked on finishing the baby album for DD's teacher whose wife had a baby. DD wanted it to be done with my Bind-It-All, which made it a bit trickier. I used most of my cutesy animal dies - good thing I love to piece things together!

On Monday I found out that the Speech Therapist at the school is leaving. Another BIA album needed to be made. Then the Room Mom for DD's homeroom (she had two teachers this year) didn't get her act together for a class gift, so I needed to do something since we absolutely LOVE this teacher. That would be BIA album #3. This one was Texas-themed.

On top of that, two girls in the mid-level martial arts class needed alterations to their uniforms for Wednesday. Okay, fine.

Then, I innocently ask DS about his teacher's birthday. Turns out that it is this coming Sunday. Total is now four BIA albums. One done. Three due by this Thursday (yesterday.) I managed to get the uniforms done, help with the school parties and finish the albums by midnight Wednesday.

Took finished gifts to school (baby album had been taken in on Tuesday), saw part of the end-of-year program and headed off for the Great American Scrapboooking Convention in Arlington where I proceeded to add necessary items to my life.

What were they? Let me get back to you. See I went back today with the kids, am totally exhausted and DH's ghee, which was back-ordered, arrived yesterday and needs to be altered....

1 comment:

bhelenj said...

OMG! I'm impressed. I would never been able to finish all of that. I don't have enough creative juices. WOW! Great job.