Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Sunday, June 7, 2009

I LOVE GASC (Part 1)

I LOVE GASC!!! The Great American Scrapbooking Convention is a great place to discover new techniques and supplies. It's also a great place for picking up items you keep putting off...

A bit of background first: in 2005 DD and I attended a scrapbooking convention in Austin, TX, where we used to live. That's where we discovered QK and several other items. I bought the QK, but left the embossing pastes and chalks in favor of the stencil crayons. I spent years trying to use the crayons, passing up the chance every year at the GASC's to get the pastes and chalks. Last year both my friends bought the chalks from the Stencil Collection - and hearing how great they were made me gnash my teeth while fighting with the stencil crayons which smeared all over the place, since the chalks stay put.

So, this year I decided that I needed the chalks - and the colored embossing pastes. It helped that I now have the Rev, Sil and tons of dies and alphabets, a BIA, the new YourStory (thermal book binder), the Mosaic Magic cutting mat and cork-backed ruler, a two-sided Purple Cow and other 'wants'.

To make shopping easier and quicker, I used the links sent by GASC to check out most of the companies. I found several interesting items which went onto my Wants List.

My list was pretty simple:

-Mosaic Magic paper
-Color Studio Cd
-Necklace stand from Glue & Co
-Idea book from Deluxe Designs
-Stencil Company Chalk & Colored Embossing Pastes
-Chipboard Owl Book

-anything new & exicting

I managed to get all of the above items in less than hours, plus a few more....

In fact, one of my best purchases was Postcard for the Sil for $30!!! By the time I got my Sil and decided that I wanted that particular cd, Sherri was out. I wasn't willing to pay $70 where I could find it - and $30 was a dream price. I really wish that some of the others interested me because that is one AWESOME price. While deciding on that purchase, I starting talking to another QK enthusiast about the Sil and all that you can do with it. She ended up buying one, but the booth owners were oblivious that it was thanks to me.

Tomorrow (or when I get a chance), I will reveal whether or not the four-year wait for the chalks has been worth the wait.

No comments: