Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

SRW Guest DT for June!

I know, I promised to write about the book that is inspiring me, but I have become sidetracked by a new project (or 4). Months ago, after I found out that I had not made the SRW DT, I received an offer from Frank to be a guest designer one month. I said yes, but never heard back from him, so I figured that he had more than enough offers - or didn't get my email. No problem, it went into the back of my mind - until last week. That's when I received an email from Frank asking if I would like to do it this month. Sure, sounds like fun!

Then, I got my dies. Maybe it's because I was busy trying to get DH to agree to the VERY EXPENSIVE repairs to his car (makes my new tires look reasonable), arrange a last-minute camp for DS (Sensei is not charging for it, she only had one student sign up and figured age-wise DS was a better fit than DD) and catching up with a friend, but I seriously could not come up with any uses for a ladder. Oh, I thought of the tree die with the ladder against it, but I am seriously lacking photos for that (no cats or tree houses and DS has a thing about heights - he fears them; DD has shown no interest in climbing at all. Hard to read and climb a ladder!) Train tracks came to mind, but I never got the big train dies. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

After awhile, it dawned on me: photos from the kitchen painting! I have the ladder in a few of the photos. Okay, one layout. Then it occurred to me to use the ladder as a trellis for a card. Stumped, I went to bed.

We had a bad night. DS had nightmares and a VERY stuffy nose, so I was tossing and turning (and getting kicked and elbowed - sleeping with two martial arts enthusiasts can be rather dangerous!) when it occurred to me that the ladder would make a lovely basket. Sort of like a lattice. Check off the altered project.

Finally, my most inspiring idea came: the Mexican Pyramid!!!! I have been trying to create one for weeks, but the steps were beyond me. The ladder is perfect. A bit long, but that's fixable. I cut them out, and THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! (After two snips, that is!) Showed the layout to DH who was duly impressed. DS, for whom the layout is, was VERY HAPPY.

Need to put the finishing touches on the items and post them tomorrow. Why am I writing here and not finishing them? Well, hot glue needs to be used and I am not feeling brave right now.....

No comments: