Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Sunday, June 14, 2009

I LOVE GASC (Part 3) - Stencil Collection Chalks!

Okay, so last night I finally used the chalks from The Stencil Collection. I used them with the Spellbinders wine die I got at GASC. I really thought it would be harder than it was. I simply scratched the chalks ( I used a royal blue, a royal purple and a dark green), swirled them up with my stencil brush and applied them through the openings on the dies.

I LOVE truth in advertising!!! I did NOT need to clean the brush before switching colors and they did blend divinely. I did, however, notice a bit of the colors rubbing off on my fingers, but they did NOT smear on the paper. Yep, I purposely tried that. How else would I know?

DH was duly impressed, which made me very happy because the embossed and chalked die cuts are for his wine notebook to keep track of which ones he has enjoyed, and those he didn't care for. Now that I have the dies - and the chalk! - we can get working. Afterall, I made the book last year....

And, before I forget, I now know that yes, using the simple rubber mat really DOES make a difference with the Spellbinder dies. Sux I got rid of the dies that I tried to emboss using the metal stylus....

Next time, my review of a book of ideas that I actually like and may even use.

No comments: