Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Contest and Swap Work

I thought it was going to be more difficult using my dies than what has been - at least this week. I decided to participate in Remember When's 'Win It Before You Can Buy It' contest for its newest die. Remi is hosting and we need to create a layout of some fun on a trip that Remi has taken, along with a story. I decided to go with a Six Flags theme. I used a lot of dies (listed to the left with the 8/18 date), some that I think I have never used! I know I will not win, but it was fun creating memories for Remi. I cannot wait to see what Sherri's Useful Unknown is! I decided to christen the die with that moniker because Sherri stated that it would be very useful and it is unknown.

In addition to the WIBYCBI, I joined Vanessa's Halloween post card swap. I am having a blast! Last night I made my first one ( I will post them later) while DH and I were giving each other a bit of the silent treatment. Satisfied with my creation, I turned around to show it to him. Let's just say he gave a visible start and wanted to know what was up - it definitely broke the ice! (I wonder if it was the skeleton or the tombstone?) I am still debating on doing just two designs or three. DS saw the second design and is not agreeable to my giving it away

I need to get as many done as possible before my first SRWDT package arrives since I have no doubt that the turn-around time is going to be short.

No comments: