Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Halloween Cards Done!

Whew, I finished the cards for Vanessa's Halloween Swap. I had a ton of fun and felt rather creative. I really hope that the recipients like them.

I used vellum for ghosts and vapor, I love how putting vellum through the Xyron helps the vellum to take on the texture of the paper it is applied to. I also decided that black bats didn't show up on the black background, so I used embossing powder to make them shiny. They came out with a strange texture, but I like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today my aunt and uncle that live in Arizona met us for lunch and then came to the house for a short visit. They travel during the summer, visiting several different states and this year we were lucky that they chose to return via North Texas.

Turns out that my aunt is a scrapbooker! My poor uncle said that they were hitting every Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's that they saw. They have lived in so many countries (Morocco, Spain, Japan, Turkey, The Netherlands) that they would have the most incredible scrapbooks - but I am not sure she is willing to do all that work. Forty years of scrapbooking is probably just too much to contemplate.

No comments: