Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Bit More Research Was Needed

I really should read up on things BEFORE buying them! And by that, I mean ALL the information. I researched what kind of air compressor to get, going with one that was recommended by an employee at Hobby Town, and even what kind of air hose - but what I totally pushed to one side were the markers. There are different types of Copics. I know I have seen that, but it just didn't seem important. It was. Very.

Turns out that I bought the Ciao. The Copic Airbrush is set up for the Sketch. You can use the Ciao, but it is a bit more work. Once you figure out how to pop the Sketch markers in correctly, they work like a dream.

Oh, and those numbers on the markers DO mean something - blending. I really didn't think I would need that. I was wrong. The colors I bought today have too much contrast, but the ones from last week (the Ciao) blended much better.

So, I guess I will use what I have - and research more in the future. Oh, and I need to post a pic of the dragon. It is so cool!!!

1 comment:

bhelenj said...

Debi, My friend and I are both certified coipc instructors and she air brushes all the time, but mostly on violins which she repairs. She is working on putting together a class on air brushing for a lss here using ciao markers. Most folks use the dimensional tabs to raise the ciao markers in the marker holder, but Rebecca found a blog that recommended another product almost like silly putty called UHU Tac I think. It is reusable and moves from marker to marker.
Also I can email some blog sites later that talk about color blending that I researched for my class. HTH
Helen