Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Disaster Minimizing Potential for 2010!

As you know, I have bad luck with inks and paints. I get them all over the place. You can always tell when I have been altering something by my hands. Once I had dark blue fingers and nails for three days - and that was with washing them constantly. That was thanks to my arch-foe Alcohol Ink. Yep, I even tried alcohol. No dice.

Glimmer mist is another one of my foes. I get that stuff all over, and since I tend to use more than one color at a time, my hands are usually quite colorful. Well, I was looking for some more GM and the local stores were out. Sherri no longer carries it (DD is really bummed!) One of the ladies at Stamp Asylum told me how to make my own. It involves Ranger Refills or alcohol ink, Ranger Pearl Essence Powder, water and a bottle. You put in a dropper or so of the ink, a tad of the powder and gingerly fill the spray bottle with water. Gingerly is the key. You can guess why.

The first try involved me using a Mini Mister and the water from the fridge dispenser. I detailed that disaster on SRMB. After a few more tries, I graduated to a bigger bottle. Much less mess going in, and less coming out. I was surprised. I didn't make much of a mess, until I picked it up and the shimmer came off in my hands. Guess I put in too much powder.

So, I am going to work on this formula because it is much cheaper than handing bottles of GM to DD who can finish one in no time flat, and with my own bottles (made for heavy-duty jobs), I might just be able to lower the mess potential.

No comments: