Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Friday, January 8, 2010

A Sil Pen Experiment

I have been working on my Twinchie Swap for February and it has been a struggle. I wanted to put pink roses on the squares

Well, I tried several combinations of paper and ink, but nothing was quite right. I tried two different roses on the Sil, and two different background squares. I have been trying to get one that I like since Tuesday and nothing has worked. All I wanted to do was draw a 2-inch square with a design along the inner edges, using my Sil. I thought spraying them with Glimmer Mist might soften the bright pink on the white paper, but I sort of over-did it and the colors ran. Nice shiny mess.

Desperate, I decided to experiment. I took out the shiny, textured pink paper that I liked and loaded it into my Sil. I was sure that the ink would smear on the shiny surface or skip due to the texture. It seemed to me that plain paper was the only think I could draw on, and that bugged me. Today, I decided to risk it. The worse thing that could happen would be a useless piece of paper. Then I could blog about yet another ScrapKlutz disaster.

I was wrong! The ink did NOT smear and the pen did not skip. Unfortunately, I erased that file before I thought of putting in the blade to cut out each square, and since they are not lined up perfectly, I need to cut out each by hand.

Oh well. But I got to draw on shiny, textured paper!!!!! Much less messy than using a stamp and ink pad. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I love it when my experiments turn out (even if I have a few detours.)

No comments: