Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ink on the Stamps, Pages, My Hands

So, back to Mom's calendar. After much thought (and lots of laziness), I decided that I would NOT be cutting out each number individually like last year. That was insane - and then Mom told me that a few of the numbers fell off. If I had been thinking about it, I would have had the Sil write in the numbers as it was drawing the calendar pages, but it was too late. What to do?

First thought: write them in by hand. Yech! I don't like my own handwriting that well - and I have a tendency to switch back and forth while writing my '2's'. I do have the calendar set on layaway at SRW, but I really needed to get it done this weekend and knew that I would get it by Monday at the earliest and then I would have to cut them out and glue them in. I should have just bought it outright. Oh well...

So, the next choice was to stamp the numbers. I have tons of ink (for edging and distressing, but funnily enough, no numbers. I had to go to four local stores to find a set that could be used. Coupons really help! It took me a couple of hours, but the numbers are on! Of course, there are mistakes. I am NOT a stamper. I am a diecutter. I use ink to highlight. Stamps never turn out how I picture them - and the ink gets all over my hands. This time was no exception. I actually had to keep washing my hands so that I wouldn't stain the pages.

Now onto the edges, I am going to distress them. Then I am going to dig through my extra diecuts to decorate the title sections and put down mats. Once all is done, I will post a couple of pages.

Off to stain my hands - I mean the edges!

No comments: