Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Let it Snow!!!!!!!!!!!

I am from Wisconsin, but hate the cold. Texas is more to my liking, but I do miss a bit of the white stuff every now and then. We do get snow, but it is rare, so imagine my surprise this morning when Sandy called me and asked if I had looked out the window yet. She knows that mornings here are tough. The fact that the kids make it to school by 8 a.m. every day is amazing since the kids usually are non-functional until 7:30 and it is a 9-minute walk. Luckily, they love peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast.

I digress. It was white outside, well except under the enormous Bradford Pear that barely even has grass (no, I am NOT going to trim those branches - I am not THAT crazy!) My yells got the kids running with an adrenaline jolt (and probably deafened Sandy since we were still on the phone.) DD got dressed in record time. Seriously, it had to be under two minutes. She had her jacket on and was headed out the door while I got DS's breathing treatment ready. He was none too happy! I let him go out while I got their backpacks in the car. We made it to school at 8:00 - and were not the last ones in. Not sure if they got tardy slips, though. It was worth it to see their faces. The photos are incredible! Luckily Mom got them jackets from Wisconsin, so they were nice and toasty. Well, they would have been if they had bothered to ZIP UP THEIR JACKETS!!!

Funny thing, Sil just came out with a ton of snowflakes and snowflake borders. I downloaded them, thinking I might have to scrounge up photos of my youth, but now I have a use for them! Bummer I decided to use flowery paper in Mom's calendar.....

No comments: