Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Trying Technology Day

Digital Scrapbooking sounds interesting, but after today I am giving it a wide berth. I spent over three hours fighting with Photoshop and Blogspot to give my Tae Kwon Dos Mom's blog a kanji background. It was frustrating, but I finally came up with something I can live with. DH's suggestion was to take a Photoshop class. I did that once - the teacher read from a book. Besides, I wanted it done today. To make a long story short, most of the problem was the fact that the template I had chosen was not wide enough to begin with.

This blog was easy: I found the 'paper' on Shabby Blogs and just followed their instructions. Tae Kwon Dos was not so lucky. And then, to celebrate, I decided to scan and print some photos - and Photoshop denied the existence of the Kodak Printer's scanner. Luckily the printer let me copy and enlarge the photo without using the computer. I did that with three photos of DH & myself from years ago (prior to digital and with negatives in some unknown place) and they all turned out wonderfully.

So tomorrow I am going to do some old-fashioned scrapbooking, except maybe just a bit of my Sil. That technology seems to like me.

No comments: