Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reigning in My Paper

I have too much paper. Seriously. I mean pounds of paper, mainly cardstock. I doubt I will be able to use up all this paper unless I really start scrapping. It's not that I don't have projects, but for some reason I can only think in brown tones for the scrapbooks for DS and DH - but my paper is all over the place.

Why do I have pads of bright colors? I only use those for Disney. Oh, yeah, that's right - I still haven't done the Disney books for TWO trips yet. (No wonder DH is not happy that I am talking about a trip in 2011 - besides the cost!) Was it really necessary to buy 3 or 4 pads of the "Once Upon a Time"? Yep, Disney - again. For the Princess pages, except I also have Princess paper - and DD is so not into the Princesses. The Eastern Paper was a great idea, until I tried to use it and realized that the elaborate scenes for some of them just didn't work for Tae Kwon Do photos. I mean, butterflies when DD is taking someone down???

So, what to do? I use lots of brown and black, so those are good colors to have on hand. Blues, reds and greens almost need to be matched to the photos. Yellows and oranges are usually only for accents (or Halloween, as is purple). Photo background papers are too hard to work with and cannot be diecut (at least not by me!) and let's not even get into patterned paper. I have the worst time with that stuff. So, of course, I have a huge lot I bought at Costco for something like 12 cents a sheet.

I really need to work with what I have and not add more - except for brown and black. If something isn't quite right, I need to ink, chalk or spray it until I like it. I need to expand my horizons. Maybe a yellow border might actually work. That castle could be a slightly different shade of grey. My imagination has to work a bit harder, that's all!

What I really need to do is start scrapping and stop buying so much paper. It's not like I don't have the photos, paper, dies, or albums.....

No comments: