Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Scrapping Gods Love Me!

What is it about my ideas? Last year DS & I decided that he was going to dress as Indiana Jones for a few days while we were in WDW so that we could create a scrapbook/storybook like DD has from our second trip. Problem: I didn't have the right kind of embellishments. So, other than a couple of pages, the book was pushed to my back burner.

Well, in a matter of days, nearly a year after the trip, the scrapping gods let me know that it is time to get working on that book. Guess they decided to wait until the D's got their black belts so that I wouldn't be distracted! First they led me to a large compass stamp from Tattered Angels. I was planning on ordering it, but found it at Scrapping Bunnies when I went for more of their awesome Kanji paper. The best part was that the stamp actually works and it is clear! Yep, my impressions turn out just how I want. That's a first.

At about the same time, Frank showed us the Dec 2009 QK release. Travel! OMGosh, I fell in love with the mini and large postcards, both of them perfect for DS's book. I ordered them, only to find that the CC Postcard is for the Epic. I don't have an Epic. Bummer. They do fit in the Sizzix, though. I am hoping for an Epic for Xmas from DH because my first choice, a renewal of my Sil subscription went back to regular price of $30/month and that is just too much for us to pay right now. Plus, I have over 1600 designs, many of which I haven't yet used, so adding more is probably not the best idea.

So, now all three D's are home for two weeks, I have embellishments, paper up the wahzoo, and photos - I get the message!

No comments: