Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Friday, August 28, 2009

Embossed Homeless Dragon

OOPS! I accidentally deleted this photo from both my phone and Photobucket!




Whaddathink? Does it look like a dragon? It was made using a new stencil that I picked up yesterday. DD has decided with the help of her best friend, that stencils rule, but no stores around here have a wide selection, so we had to order some from a store in Plano. That was in June and DD ordered a unicorn stencil and a Japanese kimonoed lady. I ordered the dragon because I thought it would look awesome for Martial Arts pages.

Even though I was exhausted last night, I just had to experiment. Experiment is the correct term because the first paper I chose was reddish-orange and one of the embossing pastes I chose was gold. After three small sections, I changed my mind and switched to black paper. Then I did something not so smart, I started on the outside edges of the stencil and worked in. I know better than to do that. Needless to say, it was a more frustrating experience than I had counted on, especially since I decided to use three colors: gold, green and red. Don't see the red? Well, it's not there because trying to get the green in between the gold was a nightmare, not helped at all by the fact that the two pastes were of different textures. The gold was sort of like glue and the green was paste. I know that different manufacturers use different formulas, but really - it was like using two totally different mediums.

Well, it has been 12 hours and the dragon is still drying. Didn't know I used THAT much paste! Sorry the photo is not the best quality, but I thought I would play with my iPhone and upload it that way. Think I need more light (and to be more awake, took it about 7 this morning.)

As for its final destination, there is some debate. DD wants it, DS wants it on his backpack and DH hasn't seen it. I think I need to make another with white and then chalk it....

No comments: