Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Halloween Frame and Minuscule Pieces

It seemed like a really good idea at the time: use the new Sil bat and spiderweb frame for the Halloween postcard swap. How I didn't see all those little holes/spaces that would need to be cleaned out is beyond me. Or, I REALLY need glasses. There were lots of little spaces, and I made the frames to fit on 4x6 cards, so some of those spaces were darned near microscopic.

Did I mention that I needed 15 frames? And that it took me a few cuts until I figured out that I needed to have the Sil cut each frame twice? Then I had to punch out/cut out/stab out all those little pieces, because some just did not want to come out.

So, now the frames are on the cards - and there are all sorts of minuscule pieces of black paper upstairs (my desk) and down (while waiting for the UPS guy I had to have something to do!) and I am not planning on cutting out that frame for quite some time - and not that small. Not for quite some time - say October or so!

1 comment:

bhelenj said...

I have found that when I have a design with fine lines and small holes that I need to use light weight card stock too. If I use medium or heavy weight, the designs just tear. It's not a pretty sight. I keep a supply of white, black and brown light weight cs just to use on the silhouette. It makes my life so much easier. Then I can cut almost pencil thin lines.