Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SIL to the Rescue! (again)

For something I wasn't too sure I wanted, my QK Silhouette has certainly become indispensable in my crafting life. A while back I was bemoaning the lack of Martial Arts embellishments in this blog. I managed to create several with my Sil - and then Helen sent me to a site with MA dingbats. She was a lifesaver! The font is called Karate Chop. The uppercase face one direction while the lowercase face the opposite. They cut very nicely and really help me fill otherwise empty space on my pages. (Helen is like my knight in shining armor for that and other help she has given me.)

And now, the Sil has pulled me out of another bind. As I mentioned in the previous post, I am scrapbooking DH's trip to London. I have the QK England CC set which contains the Tower of London (well, a couple of towers of it), a taxi, two flags, a crown, Big Ben, Underground Sign and a telephone booth. Those are all great, but there is no die for the Tower Bridge and DH took several photos of that. QK does have that die in a special Britannia set, but I really don't want to pay $45 for four dies that I really won't use too often (I can use the dies from the CC for other things - like Epcot!) Those $45 can be used for something I would use more - say the new alpha Haunted!

DH told me to look online, and sure enough, I was able to find a few outlines of the Tower Bridge. It took several tries, but I was able to create the perfect image using the 'get outline' function. The design cut very nicely. I was able to do the same with the London Eye which QK doesn't seem to have.

So, now my pages look awesome, thanks to the Sil, and DH's book is coming along nicely. I finished the Tower of London tonight and Windsor Castle is tomorrow. Not sure how many more pages are going to fit into the Your Story album, though....

No comments: