Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Monday, August 10, 2009

Your Story at Hobby Lobby!!!

I am so PSYCHED!!!! Hobby Lobby is now carrying the items I need in order to use the Your Story book binder and laminator the DH & the kids got me for Mother's Day. I wanted this because I really like the look of the bound books - especially for gifts. Sometimes the Bind-It-All doesn't quite give the look I am aiming for. Tying ribbons to the O-Wires can get rather tedious and not appropriate for certain people (read: guys). I haven't used my Your Story yet because I only received a couple of books with it and they didn't hold too much, so the projects had to be small. (And the 8x8 pages that came with them are not my style at all!)

Small projects are hard for me. This whole finishing an album is a difficult concept for me. I know I should, but I am never quite sure how to end them. I guess I am going to have to learn!

So, what is my first project? DH's trip to London. He was really there for work and instead of taking our camera, chose to use his iPhone. He came home with less than 100 photos, some of shaky quality, so using the Your Story is perfect. I really don't have that many pages I can make, especially since I have chosen to do it in 12x12 and colorblock it. The albums can hold up to 20 thin pages, but I like my cardstock, thus I may only get 12-14 - which is just about what I think will fit.

I have already finished six pages, with two more just needing embellishments. DH has to do his own journaling, but wants to wait until the book is bound. If I get myself in gear, that could be as soon as this weekend.

Wish me luck!

No comments: