Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Friday, August 14, 2009

The List Comes Down!

Okay, so last year -horrified at how many dies I have accumulated- I started a list on this blog of all the QK dies I use, challenging myself to use the equivalent of one a day. I wanted to see how long it would take me to use them all. I was doing well for about four months, then the problems began. I really needed to work on items that didn't exactly call for QK - or put this way: QK has no Martial Arts dies and none for Disney. Not that I cannot use other dies, but sometimes you just want Mickey on your page.

Once the list got into the 150's, it got rather challenging: I had to review the list to see if I had already added the die. I caught a few repeats. Sometimes I used the die and put it immediately back into the box, forgetting to add it to the list. Other times, I would leave the dies out in piles, waiting to add them when I had time. They would get knocked over, adding yet one more mess for me to clean up.

The Sil, while a wonderful tool, actually worsened the problem. I can make the cuts in any size, and even create my own designs - thanks to the outline feature. And Sil can cut out multiples of one item much more efficiently than me. When I needed bamboo borders for a layout for DS, I turned to the Sil instead of my trusty QK 2x2.

Now, seeing the list makes me feel guilty, like I am ignoring my QK, but I am not. I am using them, but I really don't feel like keeping track. The ironic thing is with the new way I am scrapping, I am actually using more dies than before.

I am just not going to list them. I will let my albums speak for themselves.

No comments: