Scrapbooking is a hobby, but for some of us it is a lifestyle. As for me, it a dangerous lifestyle....

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stop the Chubbies!

Ohmigosh, QK has got to stop posting Halloween Chubbies on the Sil site!!! I am so in love with them - especially the Chubby Mummy. It is so adorable - and what I have been wanting for quite some time. I have witches, vampires, Frankensteins, bats, owls (okay, so I need those for lots of things) and ghosts. I had no mummies. Mummies are cool. As with the rest, they can be used for not only Halloween, but Scooby-Doo, too. We have lots of photos from the Scooby ride in Fiesta Texas and those chubbies will be perfect. And they will work for the Halloween swaps, too!

So, if I have uses for the chubbies, why do I want QK to quit posting them? Because I cannot quit playing with them!!! I keep pulling them up and shrinking them to see how much detail they retain when fit on say a 2x2 square. The first mummies tore, so I switched to textured paper. They came out fuzzy, and tore in a few places, but usable. Of course, it took me four tries (I needed to change my cutting mat since the sticky went away on try #3). Now I have to place my Chubby Mummies where they need to go. Bummer most of them lost their feet. I am thinking that under two inches is too small.

Of course, I should really try the ghosts. Frankenstein would have to lose his scar and the vampire his teeth. The witch's broomstick might meet the same fate as the mummy's feet.

See, I cannot stop thinking about the chubbies. They are just too cute, too full of promise.

So, no more chubbies - I need to concentrate on other things, like finishing my swaps. I could stop looking at the QK store, stop playing with the images in my library - but how would I know if they came out with a Chubby Werewolf?

No comments: